Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year to all of you!!!

First off, I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and the wonderful kindness that has been shown to me.  It is truly in times like these, that you know who really cares about you.  My heart is so full from the out pouring of family and friends.
 
It is hard to believe that it has already been two weeks since surgery.  I am starting to feel much better!  There is just about a 1" on area on my stomach that hasn't healed all the way, but the places that they put in the two ports for chemo are doing very well.  I have my first Dr. appointment on Tuesday, January 6th.  I am sure that the surgeon will let me know how I am progressing along with finding out when I will start chemo, so stay tuned. 
 
I am still taking weekly blood tests to keep my coumadin levels in check, somewhere between 2 and 3 is where they want me to be.  They are trying to keep my blood thin since I have been in A-Fib since before surgery and they want to prevent a stroke or heart attack.  They will be setting me up for a heart procedure in the next few weeks to shock my heart and hopefully put it back into a normal sinus rhythm.  Until that time, I have been put on a new heart medication that will help control the the funny heart beats.
 
All of that aside, I am really doing well and I am so glad to be home where I can relax and let my body heal.  I definately don't take a single breath for granted!! 

Happy New Year to you and your families!!!!

Love,
Sheree

2 comments:

  1. Hey Aunt Sheree- it's your niece Amy(Edie and Dave). We all wanted to tell you we are rooting for you and always keep you in our prayers. We hope and pray for the best for you and your family and hope things get better really soon! So glad you can be in the comfort of your own home right now. It is so nice to get out of the hospital! Good luck from the Doubts and Richardson families....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure glad to hear you are doing so well. You sounded so good on the phone today when we talked. As always you are in our thought and prayers. We love you lots.

    ReplyDelete