Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday - Day 3, Post Surgery

What a FANTASTIC day my mom had today!!!!

She did amazing on walking around today!  I was not at the hospital to see for myself but I was told by my aunt, my dad and my mom that she was more often than not seen walking around and sitting in a chair rather than staying in bed today!  She is looking great especially after her transfusion yesterday and seems to have a lot more energy.  She is eating all solid foods, off practically all pain medicine and even had a shower today!  Boy I bet that shower felt great! :)

The doctors came in today and told her that as long as everything went well today and tomorrow morning that they would go ahead and release her on Friday afternoon sometime.  She is really excited to get home and sleep in her own bed and recover from the surgery before she starts her chemo.  The Dr.'s are still watching her heart closely and will continue to do so during her chemo treatment.  They put her on coumadin to help with some of the issues that she has been having with her heart.  We do not have any further information on when her chemo treatments will start but it will be sometime in the next few weeks.  We will keep you updated on her progress!

Thanks again for all of the prayers and the support!  You have all been truly amazing and she appreciates it more than you will ever know!

-Jennie


No comments:

Post a Comment