Friday, February 27, 2009

1st Round of Chemo Completed!!!!

It is a day for CELEBRATION!!  I finally completed my first complete round of chemo on Tuesday, February 24th!  I even had the Neulesta shot that you have to have after each round that helps with the white blood count.  So far, so good!  I am so grateful for each day that I feel fairly normal and feel like eating.  I am resting as much as possible and enjoying each moment!   I do not have anything next week (Hooray!!!).
 
My next round of chemo starts on Wednesday, March 11th.  I will have both Gemzar and Carboplatin for Day 1.  Then Day 8 will be on Wednesday, March 18th, when I will just have Gemzar and another Neulesta shot.  I won't have anything the week of March 22nd!  (Hooray again!)  The only thing that I keep having to work on is not getting to constipated ~ it makes for bad days!! (I know, to much information!) 
 
I do know, for a fact, that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is a THANK YOU to Heavenly Father for all that I have!  I am truly blessed!  (A.I.E.)

No comments:

Post a Comment